Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pinboards & Parties

All pinboard images courtesy of Kaboodle.






I love pinboards because I'm a 'displayer'. Some people are hiders and like to put all the necessaries out of sight but I love to display certain things. This means my fridge is constantly covered in magnets holding up photos, invites, cards, wedding thankyous etc even though this does disturb my otherwise carefully decorated kitchen. But I kinda like throwing some 'life' into otherwise pretty spaces. So continuing with this trend I'm currently making some pinboards that will display all manner of odds and ends.

Pinboard number 1 is for Kent's office. I have bought a large pinboard, some gorgeous black, white & cream striped fabric and some ornate 1200mm thick architraving (well this was actually free from our local hardware store as it was leftovers). I plan to paint the architraving white, staple the fabric over the pinboard and then frame it with the architraving. The resulting pinboard will be pretty large so quite a feature in our office. I'll post pics as soon as its complete. Aren't the examples above just gorgeous!!

Pinboard number 2 is for Mila's room. Check out these gorgeous photos I also found at Kaboodle.





The purpose of this pinboard is to be a birthday pinboard. After Mila's 1st birthday party I felt sad putting away all the little decorations and things I had made and poured so much love into. Like a wedding, a special party is over so quickly!!!! That's when I got the idea of making a birthday pinboard for her room that can display some key things from her party each year, and then each year it gets updated after her next party. This way she can reflect over the year on her party and the fun time she had. It won't be very big just a cute little pinboard, maybe I'll try a shape like the cute ones above. While on the topic of Mila's party my friends have urged me to post some photos of it. We had a cupcake and polkadot theme and it was soooooo much fun to plan, bake and make for....

Invite front
Birthday sign I made
the party table with all the goodies I made including a giant cupcake birthday cake

beginning of cake erosion


icecream sundae station


goodie bagslunch for the adults

Take home containers for cake and cupcakes


I look forward to finishing the pinboards and posting photos soon. On another note I ordered the cabinetry for our laundry today (world's smallest laundry that is!!). I'm super excited and will post all about it.


Olivia :)





































8 comments:

  1. Great post. Mila's party looked great. You went to so much trouble, I totally get it. I love 'theming' the kids parties. The only trouble is, mine are getting a bit big for it.
    I recently made a pinboard, there is a photo on the desk on the front of my blog. It was fun. I too am a displayer.Congrats on the blog. After our trip, I think I will morph mine to design and decor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving those top linen post boards- pretty. And the party looks like it was fantastic. I need to plan one for my smallest little guy who turns 2 on the 16th. Great blog... following. xo Erica

    http://moth-design.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous post , fabulous pinboards , I am going to get onto that right away ! I knew you were going to be interesting from the first post I read of yours. Themed parties , I love to do and you did an amazing job. Now your will have to get a pinboard ready to start planning next years party !
    Have a great weekend
    Karyn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are so clever. The detail in that gorgeous party. Great ideas for your pinboards. Can't wait to see them! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the pin board post - my favourite is the one with the clock (that design could well be making an appearance at my house soon).

    Little girls are SO much fun to plan parties for - I have 3 of my own, youngest is 5 now...it goes all too quickly enjoy every minute...

    Great to find a new blog to follow from the start,

    Best wishes from Ireland,

    Mrs C x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful Olivia. Your creativity is amazing. Have you heard of Darcy Miller? She has gorgeous ideas for storing family memories - you can check her out at http://www.darcymillerdesigns.com/ ..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Olivia, thanks for becomming a follower. I just wanted to let you I mentioned your pinboard post and put a link back to your site from my blog. You really inspired me to blog about my pinboards. Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just happened upon your blog and I like it very much. Can't wait to see more from you.

    ReplyDelete